Hi! I’m Chloe, I’m 30 and I live in Southampton, England. I set up ExChloMation Book Reviews as a means of keeping track of all of the novels I read, and hopefully also to inspire other readers to find their next book.
I’ve always loved reading. I studied English Language & Linguistics at university where I was drawn to stylistics and pragmatics, so I’m interested in how we use language to create certain effects and how this is interpreted by our audience.
Aside from reading, I spend my time going for forest walks, running, horseriding and finding excuses to indulge in coffee and cake with my friends.
” Books are my escape, so I like stories that are imaginative and enchanting but rooted in a tangible reality.”
My favourite books of all time:
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- Atonement by Ian McEwan
- The Corset by Laura Purcell
- The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
- Winternight Trilogy by Katherine Arden
“Is magic not enough to live for?”The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern